Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Re: Design Resources

I also have a hard time finding loads of extra time to dedicate to spending with resources I actually subscribe to. I look forward to that day. However, I have become a big fan of the site Creative Market - lots of reasonable images/vectors/fonts/photos, etc. It's kind of like an Etsy resource for designers? You can open a shop/follow people, a lot like other stuff out there I have just grown to use it a lot.They are another outlet that emails you on the daily, but also sends you links to 6 free design elements every Monday. I always download them as I find that even if I don't need them that moment, I have gone back and used so many of them when presented with a project down the road or remembered them when trying to think of a new way to use something in a design. For instance - that typeface I used for my holiday card last week was a freebie from last Monday. They also send a "Top Trends" email every week, which I find easy to skim. Honestly, this is all I have time for right now, ha ha. I really like the idea of subscribing to podcasts and magazines - I remember this Joe advice. I should probably follow it.



No comments: