Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Flexin' and Feeedback

I love the idea of intentionally designing badly! I, too, took Creative Concepts a few years ago and after reading your blog post here, I realize that the brainstorming techniques we practiced weren't the only helpful ingredients for coming up with original ideas, but the removal of pressure to present immaculate, perfect proofs was a huge help in this regard. For those that haven't taken the class with Ed Gold, you simply had to bring in a rough sketch of your idea. It is kind of amazing how when you remove constraints how much more easily the creative juices can flow and original ideas emerge. I know for me as a budding designer, I am not a guru with all of the Adobe programs. But in Ed's class, I didn't have to worry about whether or not I could execute a concept in Illustrator, I just had to dream it up and explain it. Mo, your post was like a reminder that I should try to brainstorm an original concept and THEN figure out how to execute it instead of just sticking to what I know how to do or am comfortable doing.

JIM:

I posted a comment, but not sure it will go through....I think your imagery is very strong and appropriate for both your parent and kid audiences. It all looks like it's in the UnderArmour family, too. But my only critique from my brief perusal is to remove the space between I and CAN in the # I CAN. I can understand why you used a space, but really we only ever see hashtags in print without spaces between words, so it looks funny to me the way you've presented it here. If #ICAN is too un-readable, try #ICan or #Ican or ICAN in SMALL Caps. Or what about #iCAN?

No comments: