Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Re: Typographic Sins

While I was doing my internship over the summer I came across many of these rules while someone was looking over my work. I did not know about many of them until I made the mistake of using a certain dash or quotation mark in my work. I try to catch these mistakes now before turning anything in but I am sure it will take a little longer for all the rules to stick.

A few rules that I thought were just common sense (even though its nice to see them on a list just to make a point) were #9, large amounts of bodytext in uppercase letters and #27, negative letterspacing.

I know I am guilty of using an en dash or em dash and using the incorrect quotation mark and apostrophe. I think those will be the things I pay attention to in the future.

No comments: