Wednesday, November 28, 2012

RE: Packaging


I am completely guilty of buying products based on their packaging… soap, cleaning products, shampoo, food, etc. I love packaging. I haven’t had any experience with it, other than one or two projects within the program. I love looking at Communication Art’s competition winners every year.

I wish I could do more projects with it in my job but it’s not really something we do at the Museum. The one or two packaging assignments I did do in the program didn’t turn out very well, probably because I did them early on in the program without a lot of experience. But I find it hard to visualize the final product or to figure out how to translate what I want to do to the software program. It’s a good thing there are lots of templates out there…

I thought Jill’s story about packaging, in the beginning of the semester was interesting. You can have a fantastic looking package, (pun intended?) but if it isn’t geared toward the right audience, or a good fit for the product inside, it’ll flop. The concept is key.

No comments: