Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Re: Packaging Design

I am definitely guilty of buying products for the packaging, as I think most of us are at some point. Even though the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" is so well known, I can't help always being drawn to the "pretty" books on the shelf. If I know an author or I've heard about a specific book, I'll flip through its pages regardless of how it looks on the outside. But if I'm just browsing in a book store, I will almost always pick up the books with covers that are colorful and have interesting or different typography and illustrations. I will still read the back of the book and the first few pages to make sure it's worth reading, but the way it looks will at least get me to pick it up over some other, less noticeable cover.

No comments: