Monday, November 5, 2012

Re: Lists, Lists, Lists

Yes I'm joining the bandwagon and saying  CONGRATULATIONS CRYSTAL!!!! :-)
____________________________________________________________________________

List! I am a huge lister (if that's even a word) lol.

I actually just crossed something off my list just before I began writing this blog and when I am done I will cross off blog post.

Every morning when I get to my desk I write down my TO DO List for the day. My list keep me focused and are also reminders of things i NEED to do. When I cross things off of my list I feel like I have accomplished a portion of what needs to be done, it also gives me a little bit of a push to move onto the next task.

In regards to "10 Essentials Every Design Student Should Know" the number that stood out to me the most was 7: Typographic Fluency. I can honestly testify that I have learned to know off the top of my head certain typefaces after taking the Typography I course along with some others. Before learning more about the meaning of typefaces and the different families I would just say "that fonts pretty." Now I can say I know what fonts to use with another and whats inappropriate in terms of the use of certain typefaces.

A few list I tend to make are:

assignment list
task @ work
bill list
shopping list
miscellaneous list of things I want to remember

No comments: