Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Re: Packaging


I am partial to package designs that are surprising.

For instance, this packaging for NYC Spaghetti turns into the Chrysler Building, which I think is pretty cool. I wouldn't even want to eat the pasta because that would ruin the packaging.

Or this butter packet can also be used as a knife.

And these earphones are packaged to look like a musical note. (You might actually have to look for the photo on that one. The url will not take you directly to it.)

I like when packaging design is creative and out-of-the-box, but Chrystal is right. You definitely pay for packaging. And, truth be told, I probably wouldn't buy that box of NYC Spaghetti, no matter how awesome it is. Knowing that innovative packaging like that is out there is good enough for me. I'll just keep buying my reasonably priced Barilla, thanks.

No comments: