Monday, November 5, 2012

Re: Lists, Lists, Lists

I am not a huge fan of lists. I find them a bit overwhelming - especially to-do lists. I find that when I write a to-do list, I end up looking at everything I have to do, and, instead of being motivated, I become intimidated. Once I get to the intimidation phase, I tend to throw in the towel and begin mindlessly checking my social media pages in an effort to avoid what seems to be an insurmountable list of projects that I need to complete. I don't know if anyone else ever feels this way, but in order to stay focused, I make lists at the end of the day. On those lists I write down the tasks that I have completed. This way I feel somewhat accomplished at the end of the day. Plus, I'm not as focused what I have left to do, which means I'm not as stressed as I might be otherwise.

No comments: