Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Re: Package Design

I definitely agree that a good package design is crucial to a product's success. Consumers are visual people, and a package design really has to stand out from others on the shelf to be noticed and purchased. That being said, I recently spent $15 on pancake mix at Williams-Sonoma. I'm not proud of this fact, but the package design was so beautifully done that I couldn't resist. Lately, I've been drawn to designs that have sketched illustrations and typefaces that appear as if they could be someone's handwriting. This package in particular has really intricate details that I feel like you don't see very often in package design. Without knowing anything about how the product tasted when I purchased it, I was convinced by the design that I was in for something delicious. And thankfully, the pancakes were delicious, which makes me feel a little less terrible about spending the money. Here's a photo of the product:


No comments: