Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Re: Packaging Design

I'd have to agree that packaging is pretty important and helps a product "get off" the shelf. I love a product that's packaged in a simple manner. I am also familiar with the "HELP" medicine packaging that Tara mentioned. I had originally seen this product in Target...which out of curiosity led me to the website some time ago. I thought the packaging and concept for this product was extremely clever.There's simply no confusion as to what one is purchasing...which helps,no pun intended - that's there philosophy.

As we talk about packaging there was a pretty interesting article in this months Entrepreneur Magazine on page 28 titled, Packaging Stimulus. The article talks about product brands and the need to repackage accordingly as the market for your product evolves. The article is more so geared to small businesses but I think overall what the author was saying works for all businesses. One point the author makes, references a statement made by Barbara Findlay Schenck, co-author of Branding for Dummies in which Barbara says, "Packages are powerful brand touch-points. They're the physical interface between a brand and a branded product.  They're also the visible point of contact at the moment when a consumer is shifting gears from the mindset of a shopper to that of a committed customer."

I'd have to agree with that too!

No comments: