Wednesday, November 11, 2015

On Personal Branding

I’m with Shannon. I don’t have a personal brand yet but I’m still searching and I think about it a lot. I feel like my niche lies at the crux of writing and design. I love to make people laugh. I’ll pretty much always try to slip some humor into the situation. Having a mastery of writing helps, because you can present irony in a well-framed, storytelling fashion, and hook your reader, leading him/her right into the punchline. I don’t know how this will translate into a personal brand yet. Graphic Design knowledge is useful in getting people to read what I’ve written. If it looks cruddy, people will move right past it.

I would like to have this sorted out sooner than later though. High on my list is purchasing domain space, but I need a good name first.


Afterthought: It just occurred to me: why are there no female film directors? When reading Jim’s post, he mentions “a well-renowned director and his work(s)…” The p.c. copyeditor in me is thinking, shouldn’t that be his/her work(s)? But now that I think of it, when researching the top 100 film directors, I don’t recall encountering one female name. That seems wrong doesn’t it?

No comments: